Oh yes, that’s right, dinner rolls! Grain free, diary free, sugar free, with grated baby marrow… And somehow it turned out grrrrreat?!? Here… Look!
They are moist, light, fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth golden deliciousness! Try it for yourself, as a side to your soups, or even for a sandwich ! To be honest, they’re so moist and filled with goodness that I ate one as is. I purposely made them small because I knew I’d never be able to resist!
Although it seems like a lot of ingredients, it takes about 5 minutes to prepare and another 20 or so minutes to bake. For freshly baked rolls, that ain’t too shabby!
The original recipe is on http://www.healinggourmet.com big I’ve tweaked it here and there.
What you need
2 Tbsp. Psyllium Husk
3 X-large eggs (4 large)
8 Tbsp. Coconut Flour
1 baby marrow, finely grated
2 Tbsp. avocado oil
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
¼ cup water
1 Tbsp. dried herbs (your choice)
1 tspn tapioca
1 tspn bicarbonate of soda
2 tspn cream of tartar
½ tsp. sea salt
(You can use 3 tspns baking powder instead of tapioca/bicarb/cream of tartar)
What you need to do
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C. Grease a baking tray (I use non-stick baking paper instead).
2. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the wet ingredients, including baby marrow.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix with an electric mixer on medium speed to fully combine.
5. Grease hands and scoop dough out by golfball-sized mounds.
6. Roll gently and place on baking sheet.
7. Brush with avocado oil and transfer to oven. Bake to golden brown and hollow when tapped – around 20 minutes, depending on the size.
Quick and easy, no jokes!