Crispy on the outside, soft of the inside… nothing like a good paleo garlic bread to make your bbq (braai!) even better
OMG! OMG! This is heaven. No question about it. Just try it – it’s dead easy and it doesn’t taste of coconut, is moist, and you’ll be forgiven for thinking that you’re cheating and eating regular bread.
The recipe is from A Girl Worth Saving and I’ll go as far as saying that this is my favourite paleo bread recipe … Ever!
When you initially mix the tapioca flour with the wet ingredients, it looks a hot mess. Don’t let that discourage you. You will land up with a pliable, flexible dough that can be kneaded! Just keep going.
Recipe for Paleo Garlic Bread Rolls
Author: Kelly Bejelly @ A Girl Worth Saving
What you need
½ cup of olive oil or palm shortening
½ cup of water
1 teaspoon sea salt
¾ cup of tapioca flour
¼ cup of coconut flour
1 large egg
½ teaspoon of Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
What you need to do
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small pan combine the olive oil, water and sea salt and bring to a boil.
3. Remove from heat and add in the garlic and then the tapioca flour.
4. Mix thoroughly and let rest for 5 minutes.
5. Add in the in Italian seasoning and egg.
6. Mix in the coconut flour and then knead the dough for 1 minute.
7. Pinch a 1″ piece of dough and roll it into a ball.
8. Place the roll on a greased baking sheet. Repeat.
9. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Enjoy!! Oh, you will!
Don’t forget to follow my blog and stay up to date by signing up via email, like the Living Spot Facebook page, on Twitter @LivingSpotBlog, or Instagram @Living_Spot_Blog.
Please note: if you’d like to use and share my recipes or content, go ahead! Please just link back to the original post when you do so though. Photographs cannot be used without my permission. Thanks!