Creamy, dreamy, tangy and DELICIOUS! That’s what you get from this Paleo, family friendly chicken dish.
I’m not going to talk too much here because this meal is waiting for me and it smells so darn good, I just can’t wait to tuck in! Chicken can become boring after some time so hopefully this will be a new recipe to add to your repertoire of go-to paleo friendly, family meals. One pot cooking is my favourite thing ever (ok, apart from one pan oven meals!) so this ticks all the boxes for a great meal for me – delicious, easy, fairly quick, and no hassle.
Just a note – if you do allow for dairy, you can absolutely use fresh cream instead of coconut cream for this recipe 👍
Recipe for Paleo Lemon & Herb Chicken
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 40-45 minutes
What you need
1kg chicken pieces
2 medium onions, chopped
2 tbsp chopped garlic
Juice of 1 lemon
3-4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1/3 cup coconut cream
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp olive oil + 1 knob butter
What you need to do
1. Heat oil and butter in a pot over medium high heat. Add in the chopped onion and brown.
2. Add the garlic and stir. Allow to cook for a minute.
3. Now it’s time for the chicken – put the pieces in the pot and stir well to coat with the onion and garlic. Add 1/2 – 2/3 cups of water. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
5. Add the lemon juice and season, stir, cover and allow to cook further.
6. Now add the coconut cream and turn up the heat to allow the sauce to reduce and thicken.
Serve with cauli rice, veggies, or rice/quinoa if you allow it.
Don’t forget to follow my blog and stay up to date by signing up via email, like the Living Spot Facebook page, on Twitter @LivingSpotBlog, or Instagram @Living_Spot_Blog.
Please note: if you’d like to use and share my recipes or content, go ahead! Please just link back to the original post when you do so though. Photographs cannot be used without my permission. Thanks!